When new people come into a service they need to develop new friends. People aren’t looking necessarily for a friendly church, even though this helps, but ultimately friends.
When you see a new face coming into the sanctuary we are asking you go and speak to the person, but not just speak but engage them in conversation. Remember your goal is to develop a new friendship. It can be done in many ways. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Get the person to talk about themselves, their history, experiences in the church setting, likes and dislikes.
2. When comfortable ask if you can sit with them.
3. Ask if you can contact them the next week via call/text, FB ect. 4. Ask them when they warm up to you, if there is anything that you can pray with them.
3. Provide that information to someone in 7 minute ministry.
4. With the person’s permission, hang around them and introduce them to others while they are on site.
5. Simply just exude the love of Jesus to this new face!